This Law LLM will set you on track for a successful career in law and help you develop valuable skills employers look for, including ‘Advanced Legal Skills’ and ‘International Perspectives in Law’. The course mixes taught elements with independent research, and you can negotiate the topic of your dissertation project to fit both your personal interests and the supervisory expertise of DEI College tutors. Enhance your understanding of the complex frameworks of international law-making and governance. Investigate and apply theories, principles and rules of international law. Graduate and embark on a rewarding career.
This is a programme for:
- Young graduates of law faculties of Greece and other countries who wish to specialise in the law governing trade among states
- Graduates of other faculties who wish to focus on tackling the legal challenges shaping modern inter-state trade
- Professionals working in administrative and managerial positions who wish to start a career in fields that are subject to strict regulatory frameworks in Greece and abroad
Structure of the Programme
We use a wide variety of teaching and learning methods which include weekly three-hour workshops. These are interactive and require a high level of preparation. You’ll also undertake a research project and dissertation which are supervised by your tutor. Your progress will be assessed by written coursework, usually a 6,000 word essay for each taught module. Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters course requires a higher level of independent working.
- Advanced Legal Skills (30 credits)
- Criminal Law & Justice or Commercial Law & International Trade or International Human Rights (30 credits)
- Applied Legal Methods (30 credits)
- Legal Research Project (30 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
This LLM course equips you with advanced skills and knowledge in a specialised area of law. As a result, you’ll have an important edge when applying for roles in the Crown Prosecution Service, police, and prison or probation services. Salaries of law graduates are among the highest of all graduates. You’ll also be better equipped for applying for training contracts or pupillages, if this is appropriate to your career stage.In addition a Masters degree will enhance opportunities in academic roles or further study towards a PhD.