The Master of Science in Cybersecurity is designed to give you exactly the professional profile you need as Internet and application development specialists and to prepare you for a successful career in an area that creates new jobs every day in any private or public body that requires high-tech specialists.This course is excellent preparation for jobs in cybersecurity, which is a rapidly growing area given the rise in computer-related crime. You’ll study topics such as network security and cybersecurity in organisations.
This programme is for those who wish to:
- Gain valuable knowledge from experienced professionals
- Develop leadership skills, confidence and gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Are interested in Internet Technologies and their huge potential
- Gain crucial skills and knowledge on Internet Security
Structure of the Programme
You’ll be taught by passionate academics who produce internationally-excellent research. A typical week for you will include lectures, group work, research, discussion groups and seminars, and your progress will be assessed by written reports and research papers, practical assignments and the Masters project. Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters requires a higher level of independent working.
Modules on this course include:
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (30 credits)
- Technology Management for Organisations (30 credits)
- Cyber Resilience and Incident Response (30 credits)
- Cybersecurity and User Experience Design (30 credits)
- Computing Masters Project (60 credits)
There is a high demand for cybersecurity professionals and the UK government is investing £1.9 billion over the next five years in a cybersecurity strategy that will include automatic defences to protect businesses and individuals. On completion of this course, you’ll progress in some of the most attractive fields and industries as we prepare you for a range of cyber security jobs. Advance your career in a wide range of roles, including: information security manager, security analyst, security architect, security administrator, incident responder, security engineer, security auditor, security software developer and vulnerability assessor.
For more information on the programme, please click here.