Master of Business Administration is ideal for graduates who wish to obtain an internationally acclaimed postgraduate title that will enhance their employability and increase their professional options. It is carefully designed to provide students with a dynamic and balanced combination of managerial expertise and academic specialisation. The Sunderland MBA offers a varied programme of lectures and applied learning through seminars, workshops and corporate engagement. A business simulation game is integrated into core teaching to cultivate and enhance leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a four-day study visit and throughout the programme there is a dedicated pathway of management and leadership competence development activities – all this makes the Sunderland MBA an exciting and rewarding twelve months. Put yourself on the path to becoming an influential business leader. Learn how to inspire, support and motivate a team. Choose your own modules to specialise in the areas you’re the most passionate about.
MBA programme is for those who wish to:
- Gain valuable knowledge from experienced professionals
- Develop their critical thinking and research skills and enhance their business knowledge and understanding
- Obtain the qualitative and quantitative knowledge necessary in problem solving
- Adopt an outward-looking perspective of the business world in order to enhance their professional profile
Structure of the Programme
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, class discussions, case studies, group work, presentations and applied study. Your progress will be assessed with the dissertation and assignments. Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters course requires a higher level of independent reading and research.
Core knowledge modules:
- Financial Management and Control (15 credits)
- Strategic Management in an International Context (15 credits)
- Professional Management and Leadership Development (30 credits)
- Value Creation in Organisations - Operations and Marketing Management (30 credits)
Optional module (30 credits):
- Contemporary International Human Resource Management (30 credits)
- Management Accounting and Finance for Decision Making (30 credits)
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer (30 credits)
- Digital Marketing (30 credits)
- Managing Brands (30 credits)
- Management Consulting (30 credits)
- Management Information Systems: Business by Design (30 credits)
- Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management (30 credits)
MBA Project (60 credits)
- Business Dissertation
An MBA is a challenging qualification which requires significant dedication. Employers recognise its worth, and the value that an MBA-qualified business leader can bring to their organisation. While you are studying for this course, you will be an Affiliate Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This gives you access to the CMI's support resources and networking opportunities. If you have 3 or more years' management experience when you graduate, you will be entitled to apply for full membership of the CMI or Chartered status. Business graduates from Sunderland have secured roles in organisations such as Facebook, Microsoft, Sage, HSBC, IBM, Enterprise, Nissan, Accenture, Procter & Gamble, Merck & Co, Barclays, Nissan, Marriott Hotels, Viacom 18, PricewaterCoopers and Adidas.
- For more information on the programme, please click here.