This programme is for those who hold HND/FdA Travel and Tourism Management qualifications or similar international qualifications, and wish to gain a full honours degree in just one year. The international and tourism industry is a dynamic, changing sector and graduates of this programme will be equipped with the creative tourism management skills and knowledge to allow them to adapt and be successful in this diverse business environment. This degree is accredited by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI) and the Tourism Society, the professional bodies for tourism management in the UK.
This degree is for those who wish to:
- ‘Top Up’ a HND (or equivalent) qualification to an honours degree
- Become increasingly independent in their learning style, thereby enhancing their life-long learning skills
- Gain a deep understanding of organisations, their management and the changing external environment
- Be able to contribute effectively in a range of operational and/or strategic contexts in business on completion of the programme and to target careers in one specialist area
- Develop both the knowledge and the ability to use a range of research techniques
- Develop a number of key intellectual and transferable skills.
Structure of the Programme
This degree is consists of the following modules:
Third year compulsory modules:
- Innovation in Tourism Management
- International Destination Management for Tourism and Hospitality
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Developing Cross-Cultural Capability
- Professional Consultancy Project
The travel and tourism industry offers a world of opportunities in attraction and destination management, marketing, tourism consultancy, conferencing, event management, tour operations and retail travel. Graduates of the programme can work for airlines, tour operators, visitor attractions, conference organisers and business travel both in Greece and abroad.
For more information on the programme, please click here.