BSc Sport & Exercise science offers a multidisciplinary approach on the relationship between exercise, health and athletic performance. It provides an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors that enhance or limit athletic performance in athletes or the general population. The course covers a range of fundamental scientific disciplines that underpin sport and exercise performance such as Physiology, Biomechanics, Psychology and Fitness Training. Through a well-structured and practical-based course, our graduates will be able to apply theoretical concepts and to employ advanced professional techniques in investigating, analyzing and enhancing athletic performance.
This programme is for those who wish to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the key theories, concepts and ideas within sport and exercise science.
- Pursue a career in sport science, fitness training, academic research, teaching or other science based profession.
- Work with elite athletes and within international sport organizations.
- Acquire critical skills in monitoring, recording and evaluating athletic performance.
- Specialize in designing specific fitness training programs, and guiding athletes through them.
- Develop life long transferable skills and abilities, in problem solving, critical thinking and working as part of a team.
- Enhance their academic and research skills in the analysis of the sports performer and the relationship between exercise and health.
Upon completion of the studies in Sport and Exercise science, graduates will have a firm theoretical and practical grounding in the subject area, necessary to pursue a career within the sports industry. The degree fulfills the requirements demanded for a career in a range of public and private sectors, including opportunities in teaching, coaching, sport science support, performance enhancement and the health & fitness industry.
- For more information on the programme, please contact us