This programme prepares students for the demanding world of business and management and provides them with knowledge and understanding of business and the environment within which its activity takes place. During their studies, students will examine how the main types of businesses are organised, financed and operated, as well as develop an awareness of the nature and importance of innovation and change within the context of business activities.
This degree is for those who wish to:
- Develop an understanding of organisations, their management and the changing international business environment
- Think logically and in a structured way about the subject
- Apply theory from a number of business-related areas and critically analyse a range of vocational business problems and issues
- Develop a number of key intellectual and transferable skills which will enhance their lifelong learning skills and make them increasingly independent in their learning style
- Be able to contribute effectively in a range of operational and/or strategic contexts in business on completion of the programme
Structure of the Programme
The BA degree consists of sixteen modules & a dissertation and it is naturally completed in 3 years.
First year compulsory modules:
- Introduction to Management
- Foundations of Marketing
- Introductory Accounting and Finance
- Economics of the Real World
- Enterprise and Opportunity
- Managing People
Second year compulsory modules:
- Strategic Business Analysis
- Managing Human Resources
- Operations Management
- Managing Finance & Financial Decisions
- Project Management: Planning and Control
- Brand Management
Third year compulsory modules:
- Opportunity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Social Responsibility of Business
- Issues in Strategic Management and Global Business Development
Being a student is much more than just getting a degree, it’s about understanding what you want to achieve with that degree and how you can use your knowledge to create real change in the world. Whether that’s working in the public, private, or voluntary and community sectors, employers say they want executives who possess the skills needed to solve complex problems, apply their learning in innovative ways, and articulate their passions in a way that means they stand out from the rest. This degree would suit students hoping to pursue a career in business, banking, management consulting, retail management, HR/personnel, public relations, advertising, sales and marketing or further academic study.
- For more information on the programme, please click here.