This programme is designed to provide the economic reasoning and quantitative skills and knowledge needed to solve practical problems that arise in the financial sector. These skills prepare graduates for a career on investment products and financial markets. It also offers the opportunity to combine in-depth studies in economics and financial products by providing analytical tools in the fields of mathematics, statistics, economics and econometrics, along with the institutional knowledge required to work as an economist.
This programme is for those who wish to:
- Obtain a high-level degree in a field of high demand
- Acquire an economic reasoning, quantitative skills and institutional knowledge required to solve practical problems that arise in the financial sector
- Develop the analytical tools and institutional knowledge needed to work as a financial economist
This degree is comprised of twelve modules with 30 credits each and can be completed in 3 years.
The programme includes the following modules:
- Introduction to Economics
- Statistics 1 & 2
- Mathematics 1 & 2
- Principles of Banking and Finance
- Financial Management
- Monetary Theory of Economics or Industrial Economics
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Two more modules from a wide selection group
This degree is ideal for those wishing to pursue a career as economists, either at government level or in finance (bank investment, risk management, research, fund management or securities trading). The combination of economic reasoning, mathematics and other quantitative skills acquired by graduates of the programme leads to a career in consulting, general management and accounting, while providing the necessary skills for further academic studies.
- For more information on the programme, please click here.