This programme combines the study of both political science and economics. It focuses on examining the institutions and practices of modern political systems, along with the principles and theories of the economy, while highlighting their interaction. On completion of their studies, students will have developed an in-depth understanding of the economic factors affecting income, wealth and prosperity, as well as the ways in which public policy and governance systems are affected.
This programme is for those who wish to:
- Obtain a high-level degree in a field of high demand
- Combine the study of politics with economics or pursue postgraduate studies in this field
- Understand how politics interact with the economy and how this is reflected on social development
- Address some of the key issues that the international community faces, governance systems and organizations on political and economic basis
This degree is comprised of twelve modules with 30 credits each and can be completed in 3 years.
The programme includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Economics
- Mathematics 1 & Statistics 1
- Introduction to Modern Political Thought
- Introduction to Political Science
- Comparative Polits
- Five more modules from a wide selection group
On successful completion of the programme, students will have acquired basic knowledge to pursue a career in international organizations, businesses, NGOs, the media, marketing, banking or, if they wish, academia.
- For more information on the programme, please click here.