This programme is designed to provide the economic reasoning and quantitative skills and knowledge needed to solve practical problems in the financial sector. These skills make graduates highly prepared for a career on investment products and financial markets. It also offers the opportunity to combine in-depth study of economics and financial products, by providing analytical tools in the fields of mathematics, statistics, economics and econometrics, along with the institutional knowledge required to work as an economist.
This programme is for those who:
- Want to obtain a high-level degree in a field of high demand
- Want to acquire a general education on subjects that underlie the theory and practice of management and at the same time specialise in economics
- Are interested in general management but also seek further training in management and related disciplines
- Want to undertake an in-depth study of economics with management choices that allow them to critically examine management issues
This degree is comprised of twelve modules with 30 credits each and can be completed in 3 years.
The programme includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Economics
- Mathematics 1 & Statistics 1
- Principles of Accounting
- Business and Management in a Global Context
- Core Management Concepts
- Five other modules from a wide selection group
This degree is ideal for those wishing to pursue a career as economists, either on government level or in finance (bank investment, risk management, research, fund management or securities trading). The combination of economic logic, mathematics and other quantitative skills acquired by graduates of the programme leads to a career in consulting, general management and accounting, while providing the necessary skills for further academic studies.
- For more information on the programme, please click here.