This programme will give students an in-depth understanding of contemporary issues on international developments, causes and solutions to global inequalities. By studying this degree, they will develop analytical and communication skills, that are highly valued by employers and organizations worldwide. Most importantly, students will be given that opportunity to acquire knowledge from a wide range of sources focusing on the importance of development and to understand what's happening in the world today.
This programme is for those who wish to:
- Obtain a high-level degree in a field of great demand
- Understand and address modern inequalities in global development
- Study economics, in conjunction with the study of economic growth
- Acquire well-rounded knowledge on the basic principles of economics, sociology and human geography through a broad bibliography, focusing on the key elements of the development process
The degree consists of twelve modules of 30 credits each and can be completed in 3 years.
The programme includes the following modules:
- Introduction to Economics
- Statistics 1 & Mathematics 1
- Introduction to International Development
- Contemporary Sociology in a Global Age
- Geographies of Development
- Economics of Development
- Four more modules from a wide selection of courses
This degree is suitable for those who wish to pursue a career in international development, NGOs or governmental development agencies, but also for those who are already working for a development organization and want to gain a further qualification.
- For more information on the programme, please click here.