BSc Accounting and Finance will give students an understanding of accounting and finance, to the extent this knowledge is required for a career in this field. This means that it is not just a simple learning of accounting techniques and a focus on computational skills aimed at immediate implementation. It also seeks to equip students with the ability to assess the usefulness of the above in different fields. It encourages them to adopt critical and flexible thinking and to look at issues from different perspectives, including the international dimension.
This programme is for those who:
- Want to obtain a high-level degree in a field of high demand
- Need professional qualifications in the field of accounting and want to obtain a degree
- Intend to gain international qualifications and certifications in accounting and auditing
- Have not yet decided on the profession they want to pursue, but would like a thorough training in accounting and finance
BSc Accounting and Finance is comprised of twelve modules with 30 credits each and can be completed in 3 years.
The programme includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Economics
- Statistics 1 & Mathematics 1
- Principles of Banking and Finance
- Principles of Accounting
- Managerial Economics or Microeconomics
- Financial Management or Corporate Finance
- Financial Reporting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Management Accounting
- Three further modules from a wide selection group
On successful completion of the programme, graduates will have acquired the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in accounting, auditing, investment banking, management consulting, financial management, investment analysis. In addition, students will have acquired the appropriate skills for further academic studies.
Graduates of BSc Accounting and Finance who wish to continue their studies for certifications of international professional associations, can be exempted from specific modules of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Institute of Chartered Certified Accountants (ICAEW), the Chartered Institute for Management Accountants (CIMA) and other international organizations.
For more information on the programme, please click here.